Vertical access challenges? The SHU fits.
No more using ladders or standing on mid-rails, buckets and planks on the platform. SHU (Step Higher Unrestricted) facilitates safe, OSHA compliant access to narrow spaces, for example ceiling grids and joists.
SHU is a compact, vertical extension deck attachment for scissor lift platforms. Designed to replace existing extension decks, installation is a quick and simple process. SHU safely increases working height and can be used with the rails up or lowered with our fall protection system.
Step into our SHU.
- Remove existing extension deck and roller bracket assembly
- Lift and position the SHU onto the top of the scissor platform
- Insert platform roller wheels and brackets, reinstall roller bracket assembly
- Secure the SHU to the platform using the provided hardware
- Connect provided cutout switch to quick connect
- ANSI A92.6 Compliant
- CSA B354.2 Compliant
- OSHA Compliant
- Fall protection anchorage
- Safety cutout disables lift operation while on SHU platform when rails are lowered
- SHU platform adds 20” of height
- Safe access to narrow areas
- Reduces the need for ladders
- Eliminates standing on railings, buckets or planks
- Provides access to small overhead spaces, for example ceiling grids and joists
- When needed, rails can be lowered for additional access
- Customer and market driven design in response to real industry challenges
- Reduces risk of injury
- Easily replaces existing extension deck
- Retrofit to 2004 and newer, 30” and 32” wide Genie scissor lifts
Download SHU Info Package [pdf]
- SHU Specs
- SHU Operation Safety Guide
- SHU Genie Approval Letter